Friday, September 25, 2009

My Daughter's Birthday


Today is my older daughter's 6th birthday. I am making today a special day for her. I picked out a cute outfit for her to wear to school and pinned a birthday ribbon on her shirt. She gets to eat a special lunch - a fluffer nutter sandwich and candy corn - and I put a birthday note in her lunch. She got to take a book to school for the teacher to read to the class. She took Pride and Prejudice. When she handed it to the teacher, the teacher said, "What?! If we read that it would take all day and you wouldn't get to eat lunch." Then she laughed. So my daughter handed her the other book she brought and the teacher read My Lucky Day. We are going to my parents' house for supper and cake tonight.

Most of today I am getting ready for her birthday party, which will be tomorrow. We are all excited about the party. The theme is a surprise. I will write all about it and post pictures after the party.

I am so thankful for my daughter. It has been a joy to watch her grow up. As I care for her baby sister, I have flashbacks of caring for her when she was that little. How time flies. She has grown into a beautiful, smart, vibrant little girl. She loves to draw, write, and dance. She has a sweet spirit and likes to do things for others. She adores her baby sister and is a big helper. I love her so much!

1 comment:

Piwaite said...

Are you going to read Pride and Prejudice to her? I am looking forward to the party pictures.