Tuesday, November 21, 2006

My Alien

Four years ago I married an alien. He had come to earth from Saturn seeking...no, no, that's not right. He was only an alien from Canada, a Newfie (sounds like a kind of dog). Well, for the last four years I have enjoyed being married to an alien. He's quite proud of being Canadian and we enjoy teasing each other about our countries. But for four years two countries were united and respected in our home.

Unfortunately, I am sad to say, I am no longer married to an alien. No, we did not split up. He just decided to become one of us. Last week he became a citizen of the United States of America. So, even though he is still a proud Canadian at heart (he wanted to wear a Canadian tie to the oath ceremony) I can no longer say I am married to an alien.


I'm not really disappointed that he is American now. I am very proud of him. God bless America...and Canada!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. Let me welcome you to America!!!! :-)

Heather said...

I always knew there was something strange about him...j/k. I like Canada well enough. Many congratulations.