Thursday, February 08, 2007

My Little Big Brother

This handsome man is my brother and this post is for him. Today is Tim’s 25th birthday.

Tim, you are a quarter of a century now. Do you feel old? Well, don’t feel old. As of April you will be only half Mom’s age. (Wow, last year Heather was half Dad’s age.) They are half a century! 25 is a wonderful age. It was one of my favorite ages. You are only half way through your 20s and still young. You have your whole life ahead of you.

I have always wished I had an older brother, but since I am the oldest that couldn’t happen. But I kind of got my wish anyway through my little brother. Ever since he got bigger than me (if not before) he has acted like my big brother. Yes, he even used to boss me around. But he also looked out for me. He’s a good protective brother. I think even though he’s far away he would still look out for me.

What kind of person is my brother? Well, on the outside he looks like a tough guy (and he is) especially when he’s holding one of his many weapons. He loves martial arts and hunting. (Maybe one of the reasons I always feel safe around him. I know he can defend himself.) But under that tough exterior he is a gentleman and has a heart of compassion for others. He is dependable and hard working. Most importantly, he loves the Lord.

So Tim, am I totally embarrassing you yet? Honestly, that is not my intention and don’t worry, only about 5 or 6 people read my blog as far as I know. I just wanted to let you know that I am glad you are my brother. I couldn’t have asked for a better one. I am very proud of you. And even though you are bigger than me, you will always be my little brother.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIM!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a word for your brother - it's protection. I work with Tim at the theatre and he is always looking out for me. He steps in when one of the kids is being "smart" to me. You see, I love Timmy very much because I am his aunt. Just as I love his two sisters and,Valinda, sometimes other people do read the blogs.
Love you Valinda,
Aunt Gloria