Friday, April 06, 2007

My Most Precious Gift

I have found what many people have spent their lives searching for and some never find. Not only that, I have found it twice, in two different ways, by two different people. What is this amazing thing that everyone wants; that those who have found it consider themselves most blessed, and those who have not found it spend their lives searching for? And how did I find it twice?


What I have found is simply love. Not temporary, conditional, selfish, false love. But the real thing; true, unconditional, faithful, eternal love. Where did I find this kind of love?


I will tell you about the second place I found this love first. I found true love in my husband, Stephen. He loves me unconditionally, in spite of my faults, and helps me grow. He loves me faithfully, staying true to the vows we made on our wedding day. He loves me eternally; I never have to fear that he'll leave me because I know that he won't. He loves me in the rough times as well as the good. He taught me what true love is and I know that I can trust him. He is also very handsome and irresistable. He loves me with the most perfect kind of love described in 1 Corinthians 13. This type of love is extremely rare and valuable and I am more than blessed to have found it.


But there is another true love I found long before I ever met my husband and it is a love that is still alive today and will last forever. It is a love even more precious and important than the one I share with my husband. (Don't worry, he's not jealous because he has this love too.) The love I am speaking of is a love with my heavenly Father and my Savior. It is a sacrificial love. I was lost in my sin and on my way to hell. But Jesus, God's own Son, died for me, paid the penalty for my sin, and then rose again from the dead, breaking the curse of death. By trusting in what He did for me, I became a child of God and have a special relationship with the One who created me. I am now complete. The void in my life is gone. And I am sure of my future after I die: an eternal home in heaven with my Savior. I can't wait to see Him face to face!


I hope that everyone finds true love. It is a precious gift. Not everyone will find true love in the sense of a soul mate. But everyone can have the second love relationship I talked about. God offers that love to every person on earth as a free gift. All you have to do is accept it.

No comments: