Thursday, September 04, 2008

Interview with a Kindergartener

My daughter just started kindergarten and she loves it. Every morning she runs down the sidewalk cheering, "Yay, I get to go to school!" I barely get a hug and kiss goodbye when I drop her off. I am so proud of her. So I decided to interview her about school.

Mom: Are you excited about going to school?

Shell: Yes, I'm lots and lots of excited!

Mom: What kinds of things do you learn at school?

Shell: I sing funny songs. I learn about some books we can read. I go to recess.

Mom: What kinds of books do read?

Shell: The seal one, a school book about a little boy who goes to school, and If You Take a Mouse to School.

Mom: What are you learning about numbers?

Shell: We did a number song. We made numbers with play dough. We counted to 30 today. Mrs. Ellis said I had to do it even though I already knew how.

Mom: What kind of things do you draw or paint?

Shell: I was an illustrator. I had to color Little Red Riding Hood and the wolf in Grandma's bed. I colored the cape red, hair yellow, left the skin white, and made the tongue red.

Mom: What kind of special things do you do at school?

Shell: I did a magnadoodle because I got my jobs done before it was time to clean up. I also did cubes and strings. I had to do blue, red, blue, red. I did puzzles and cutting (mouse to cheese).

Mom: Have you made any friends at school?

Shell: Yes, there's Jaylin, Jacklyn, Makenna (not sure if I spelled them right), and I can't remember the name of one of my friends.

Mom: Do you like your teacher?

Shell: Yes, 'cause she's nice and I like the stuff that she talks about. There's also no running the classroom.

Mom: Do you ever get into trouble at school?

Shell: No, never. I got moved today but not because I was in trouble. Kayla was talking. I never get my name written on the board either.

Mom: What is your favorite thing to do at school?

Shell: Playing on the playground at recess. I also really like scissor cutting. I also like hopscotch, running on the grass, playing duck, duck, goose. I also like reading books. The seal book is my favorite. It has cute little seals and the whale tries to eat them. It's funny. (laughs) I really like everything I talked about today.

3 comments:

Heather said...

How precious! You should interview her again after her first day of college.

Rambling Rose said...

Ok, I'll keep that in mind.

Unknown said...

This is a great idea Vin! Can I use it sometime?